Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hollywood!

Hey!

I was placed this week! I will be serving my year with YAV in Hollywood CA. I am so excited about this. I really don't completely understand why, but I know this is the right place. I will be living on Gregory Ave., just a few blocks away from the Paramount Studios and Hollywood Blvd. It seems like an awesome neighborhood. I'll be living with other volunteers in duplexes behind an active community center. I am so excited to meet the neighbors and become integrated into this neighborhood. I will have opportunities to practice and improve my Spanish, attend the youth Bible Studies, tutor, and may even be able to work with Young Life. I will also be working with a Hollywood based ministry four days a week. I have not been matched yet, but am praying for opportunities in health. I will also be getting involved with a local church in Hollywood. I will visit different churches for my first 6-8 weeks, then find one where I can become involved.

I'm afraid I don't have much of an Egypt update. I still don't have many details on the trip. I will be coaching soccer at a camp, and well... I don't know what else yet. Details will be coming soon (We leave in three weeks; they have to!)

Thanks for all your support!

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment